Thursday 2 April 2009

Dish dash DOSH.

Todays edition is brought to you by poverty, the worlds leading brand of death.

Ok, that might have been a little stupid but I'm bored, hungry and poor. Two of those three attributes contribute to poverty...so it's allowed.

I need some cash, I'm quite needy. Aside from selling my body (which I'm ever tempted to do, will be killing two birds with one stone..) there's nothing I can do here to make me some moolah.

Yeah, I intend to use a variety of slang words to describe money so leave now or forever hold your peace.

The jobs that are around are for places that I will not work in...Clothes shops.
Places I am happy to work in already have plenty of staff. So there's not a job for me in Canterbury. I kinda expected that really, it's a small town with a huge population of students, and people who actually live here all the time. I could just stop being fussy, but why chose to work somewhere that you are going to hate? That's just selfish. If anyone reading this works in an HMV and hates it, I would come and kick your arse if I wasn't such a chicken.

Cluckity cluck.

I'm pretty lucky that at home I have a job, though whether or not I'll have any work is another story...I've been hanging on there for a while now, and I do enjoy it. It can get pretty stressful in a library I must say, but working in the public sector is quite nice when you have regular customers. Since I've been there for about 4 years, I'm realising that it might be time for me to move on. I don't want to, but I don't see much work being offered to me anymore, so why stay to be offered something stupid like one day a week? I'll be sad to leave though. I kinda want to stay until I've finished uni..it's the only place I can think of that likes casual staff to come and go as they please...

Luckily for me, I'll now have an advantage over first jobbers. Plenty of experience even though its all about books. It's stupid how someone who has never had a job before is unable to get a job at somewhere that shouldn't require too many taxing skills and won't take long to train for. How is one expected to get a job at all?! Ok, so you can start in a supermarket...but have you ever seen a happy worker in Sainsburys? A smiling bundle of joy in Tesco? Alex sometimes smiles when we see him in Asda but I think thats because he's always hungry and steals our food.*

Perhaps because it wasn't too hard for me to find a job (I was 16 at the time)...I'm not overly sympathetic. I understand its not easy, but I guess if you are desperate...you shouldn't care where you work. Unless you're a snob of course. Personally, if I had the choice of unemployment or working in primark, I'd go with the scrounging off of my parents for food.

I'm thinking a few of you will agree with me on that.

The real reason of this blog is to tell you that I made 37p yesterday by writing a blog entry. I can't tell you the details on here because it's not allowed...but whoot me. 37 pennies to spend on 37 penny sweets. Awesome

Chillax, xoxo

*He stole my bread!

No comments: