Wednesday 22 April 2009

These are a few of my favourite things...

Blog number 7, which happens to be my favourite number.

I'm not big into numbers like Louise is with her amorous obsession with #6 and pure hatred of #9. Understandable when you hear the reasoning but still, pretty crazy.

I'm not a superstitious girl. I will open an umbrella indoors whilst walking under a ladder, cross paths with a black cat (or two) and leave my brand new shoes on the table. I will also walk merrily over those three-in-a-row electricity cover things on the pavement, and will not throw salt anywhere. Unless its on a festering, open wound located on Yusefs greasy forehead.

And it's all because I lead a particularly intense pessimistic lifestyle. If something bad happens...it's because I'm shit, not because I forgot to touch wood. I guess that's pretty logical, I won't use superstitions as an excuse...but I will use other reasoning:

I forgot.
I'm tired.
I forgot.
I'm sick.
I forgot.
I'm poor.
I forgot.

Yeah, I forget a lot.

Anyway, I'm really off topic. Favourite things was to be this evenings discussion.

My favourite things...Well, imma list them with reasons. In no particular order.

- Communication. Whether it's face to face or facebook, keeping in contact with people is vital. Especially since I'm a lazy fuck.

- Freedom of speech. If I couldn't say what I wanted...I would explode. I semi erupt every evening at home as it is. Thankfully I have a blog or two to write on.

- Love. Whether it's friend love or love love, It's all good. Keeps me warm. Need me some love love though. No, that's not a code phrase for sex. Though some of that wouldn't go amiss either.

- Music. Because there's a genre for any, and every, mood. When I'm sad I listen to the Cure because I'm a goth kid in a...somethings...body. Avril Lavigne when I'm super happy and The Libertines when I'm feeling moody. A bit of Trivium goes a long way when I'm angry.

- Material possessions. Yeah, I'm shallow. I like having a lot of stuff. Especially my DVD collection. Also, laptop (even though it's a pile of shit), I-pod (dying if not dead already), phone (needs charging every 12 hours or so...), TV (kinda old but still working!) and my DS. DS is holding up pretty well actually. Oh, my sega megadrive, NES and SNES are vital to my living, along with anything geeky in my room. I collect boxes. Those are also included.

- Making things. I like to be creative, even though most of what I make could be made better by a two month old. But I kinda only make stuff for those who will appreciate it. So, if Louise doesn't like this years birthday pressies...will be the end of home made goods for the cheese. Ha! Like that's gunna happen...Louise, if you die before me...I will make my own funeral outfit out of cat hair, since I shall be a mad cat lady. And I'll probably get chucked out of said funeral by your soul. If you have one lying around that is.

- Reading. I love to read, but I'm so bad at reading often. Don't know what happened there...was always glued to a book in my youth. Actually, I blame alcohol.

- Alcohol. Answer to all of lifes problems, boredom and probably why my overdraft is maxed out. Couldn't live without it.

- Money. Because being poor isn't an option.

- Science. I like new discoveries, solving problems, attempting to solve problems, experimenting and most of all, doing it well. When I get good grades, I'm the happiest geek ever to have walked the earth. One day I shall write about science and hope that no one ever reads it, because not unlike this blog, it will be full of shit.

- Bed. I do love to sleep. I sleep lots until I can sleep no more. Which is around 4pm. I find it quite acceptable to sleep up to and beyond 13 hours at least twice a week.

- Being young. I want to be 18 again, but 21 when I visit America.

- Late night phone calls. I say this quite often, but when you're asleep and your best friend calls you...that shows love. Drunken love, but its all the same to me. I don't care what the time is. The fact that I only dropped off to sleep 10 mins ago after trying to sleep for three hours proves that I wasn't destined to sleep at that particular moment.

- Louise and Marc. Hopefully they feel the same.

There's more. Much much more. I could go on for years. I'm rather self indulgent.

Oh, before you go...I'm thinking of starting up my own pigeon hair salon. Stay tuned folks.

xoxo

No comments: