Wednesday 1 April 2009

April Fools Day

Happy April Fools day peeps.

I didn't fall for anything this year, I didn't get out of bed until after 12 so that kinda helps. Thankful for that really, not a fan of April 1st. Mainly because as much as I want to think of an elaborate scheme to fool thousands of people...I can't. Not a very good liar.

Though I like it if I'm watching morning television. It's the one day in the year that it amuses me...though is Fiona Phillips still on GMTV? I must say she made me laugh in that cringey kinda way...

I recall BBC videos of spaghetti trees from the 1950's. Pretty impressive I think. Pasta growing on trees..when viewers asked how to grow their own they were told to "place a sprig of spaghetti in a tin of tomato sauce and hope for the best". Hehehe

Obviously, no one likes to be fooled...so why have a whole day dedicated to it? After doing a little research (dubiously), it seems that it started in France. New years day was once on April 1st (Julian Calendar) but some pope decided that the Gregorian calendar was the way forward. It being some time in the 1500's...twas hard to communicate to the whole of France, so by the time the message got around, people just didn't believe it. In foolish belief, they carried on celebrating NYE on AFD. Clever people decided to laugh at these idiots and trick them to do other stuff on April 1st.

Apparently.

A useless "holiday" but at least you don't feel compelled to take part. Or buy anyone a present. It's all good really. Though it does so happen to be my nan's birthday today. Says a lot really :P

And remember kids, revenge is sweet. Or sour. Or salty. Anything you like it to be really.

Peace out human beans xoxo

No comments: